Wednesday, March 2, 2011

So I've uncovered a new interest which is something I've stumbled upon. I tried this venture a while back with little to no success but due to a strange turn of events I've attempted to give this another go.

Selling on eBay.

I hear stories of people having a significant amount of success with this as a way to make a few extra bucks on the side. I, in the past month have generated almost $200 just by offloading my random crap. This however comes to a point where it is no longer viable.. (you run out of stuff to sell).

I tackled this once before by hitting the second hand stores and attempting to identify a few cheap items and re-sell them. I however found that I was collecting a lot of junk and having minimal success. My dedication at the time was low so I gave up.

This time I am beginning my focus on reselling games. I noticed that I had a collection of old console games sitting around which I haven't played in a long time. I ended up selling 7 of them for about $30.. Seemed alright? not much for them but if I consider this.. I could have sold them individually.. at $8 bucks a pop? that's $56?.. I was kicking myself when I realised I'd lost money by being lazy and bundling them together.

A light bulb went off. Surely there is other people out there who do the same thing? what if I was to purchase bundled packages off eBay and separate them for a profit? Perhaps I can expand this to cd's? Dvd's? who knows..

Finally there is consideration which needs to be made. When I first was attempting to do this via eBay we're going back 6 or so years. Physically getting the items on eBay was much more of a lengthy process. Today the technology has developed so it takes literally 5 minutes to throw up an Item.

I listed 5 games in 15 minutes this afternoon. Making a profit is good, but if your working all day everyday for minimal gain it becomes pointless.

No comments:

Post a Comment